Sunday, 27 May 2012

Sunny sunflowers - a necklace!

A new set of stamps has been launched this week by Chocolate Baroque, a lovely seasonal set of Sunny Sunflowers which promises plenty of scope for bright seasonal projects.

Here is a project from me, using some of the leaves from the set.  


For this project I stamped the leaves onto mount board as a guide to cut them out with my powerful Tim Holtz scissors, leaving a small border around the edge. I then embossed the edge with an embossing pen and turquoise metallic EP, before re-stamping with the leaf and embossing that too. I coloured the leaves with H2O paints in shades of turquoise and green. I fixed some jewellery fittings onto the larger leaves with pliers and then stuck them together to form a panel which was the right shape for the wire choker necklace.

The stamps are on special offer until the end of June, so pop over to the link above to bag a bargain. You can also be in with a chance of winning the stamps if you pop over the to DT blog here  where you will also find a link to the CB Facebook page where there is another chance to win a set.

Hope you have enjoyed a lovely sunny weekend.

Elaine x

10 comments:

  1. oooh Elaine! That is gorgeous! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Elaine. I haven't checked out those stamps yet so I'm not sure if the markings on the leaves are the stamp (which I suspect they are) or not but I have to say it looks very much like a crackled surface. I love the colour and the way you shaped the piece. Beautiful work.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea Elaine - looks fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine this is great and gorgeous work. Love the necklace very much. What a great idea. Really beautiful.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea - really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous necklace Elaine, and what a great way to use these wonderful stamps. I love the colour.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous project my friend, just perfect for you. I love the colouring that you have achieved on the leaves with the H2Os, and the balance you have created using the different sized leaves.

    Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very striking with the turquoise & green combination & I love the way you've arranged the leaves. This will look stunning on the right person & just imagine an evening dress or soft floaty indian cotton...... as Judith says I can quite see it on you.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.