Sunday, 4 July 2010

There's a hole in my bucket, Dear Liza!

I really can't believe that is has really been 2 weeks since I last blogged. I have been crafting, but there are a few things I haven't been able to post yet, for various reasons and a couple of cards I made in such a hurry to catch the post I even forgot to take photos!!

This post is really a sneeky peek for the next project I am working on for the blog I share with Jo, Judith and Lesley. I am rather behind the others (again), but this time with quite good reason and there is a moral in this tale!

I like nice quirky bits and pieces in my shed and the other day I spotted this little bucket in a gift shop! It is about 3 inches high and I thought it would make a nice little water pot for when I was painting. However I have since learnt that not all buckets are equal when it comes to holding water and this was obviously supposed to be a purely decorative item!


I made the nine flags needed for my flag book, this was three layers of dye ink on each side, two colours (willow and citrus) sponged on with Cut 'n Dry and the top colour (lettuce) stippled on using my leafy background technique. As you can imagine this took me some time, needing to cover 18 sides on all! I then did a little painting on another project with some H2Os, by which time it was time for me to cook the dinner. I didn't clear up behind myself and empty my water pot, but left it on my craft desk with my nicely inked flags all laid out to dry ready for stamping!

However, this was the sight that greeted me next day ........... nine inked flags all water damaged - the dratted bucket had leaked all it's water across my desk! So the first set all ended up in the bin!


This afternoon, I have made a replacement set, ready for overstamping during the week, hopefully I will be able to post the results on the other blog by next weekend. Ever get a feeling of deja vue? This time, I have made sure there is no water nearby, I should be fine unless the roof leaks!!


In the meantime, do pop over and see what the other girls have already posted here, Jo and Lesley have both done gorgeous Parisian themed books. I am still in my comfort zone and going for another nature themed project.


Thanks for popping by!

Elaine xx

7 comments:

  1. These flags are lovely but what a shame about the leaky bucket. I do hope you didn't throw away the damaged ones - I'm sure you could rescue them and use for another project!! Look forward to seeing the finished project. Nice cheery bucket too shame it doesn't hold water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shame about the bucket - I must admit I would have tried to rescue the tags for another project...............but then they would probably have been dumped several weeks later if I got around to a clear-up! How do you do the leafy background please - obviously it involves inking round leaves, it's the layered look that is bugging me

    ReplyDelete
  3. blooming heck...I bet you said a few 'choice' words when you saw what had happened!
    Cant wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new flags look gorgeous Elaine and what a beautiful quote. I wish I had your patience to trawl around to find these lovely sayings.

    Like the others, unless the original flags look a lot worse than in the photo I hope you did save them for future use because they actually look quite effective.

    Looking forward to seeing your finished flag book in a few days. No pressure you understand, Lol!!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how much my arm aches making those leafy backgrounds, so it's such a shame that the first lot were damaged. The new ones look lovely. Good luck with finishing the book, I still have a long way to go on mine too! Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flags look good enough to use even before you've stamped on them! Lovely colouring. Looks like sun shining through the trees. How sad about the bucket. I remember how pleased you were to find it. It must have been hard getting up the enthusiasm to start your flags all over again but I'm so glad you did. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages look gorgeous, Elaine. I love the leaf background. Can't wait to see the finished book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.