Saturday, 17 July 2010

A pretty frock!

I saw these gorgeous B Line dress stamps being demoed by Linda Brown and Linda Elbourne at the LB Craft stand at the Ally Pally show in April and had to add them to my wish list. When we visited LB in June as part of our mini Retreat trip to Bedfordshire, I had to buy them. You may have spotted them in a recent issue of Craft Stamper in an article by Linda Brown.


It took me until yesterday to get around to using these stamps and I made a card for a friend. I'm sorry the picture is a little out of focus, I only took one quick snap before I needed to get the card in the post.

I stamped the images in Ranger jet black archival ink on a sheet of K & Co matting card that had a natured themed design. This is actually textured card, so not the best surface for getting a really sharp image, but hopefully good enough to show the final result. I added more stamping from a Crafty Individuals set, the flourish is from the Tecnnique Tuesday Whirly Words set that had been on my wish list for ages and I finally got at Ally Pally in April. The sentiment is from the B Line dress set. I cut out and edged the dress with Shabby Shutters DI and mounted the whole thing onto dark green card, that I folded and cut out into a dress shaped card and just added a little wooden button.

I really enjoyed christening this delightful set of stamps.

Elaine xx

5 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Elaine. Green is just about my favourite colour I think (I used to hate it as a child) and that K & Co card is perfect. I think I need to add those Whirly Words to my wish list. They're really nice.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paper youve used to stamp on....wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. themessycraftroom18 July 2010 at 19:12

    Lovely stamping I also love the swirly words. X chrisB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour that you have chosen Elaine, and the choice of stamps are really pretty along the bottom of the dress. This stamp is such a lovely stamp. The card that you have used is gorgeous, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't these stamps gorgeous I too have played with them but as yet not used them to complete a project, beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.