Monday, 2 December 2013

A card for a special friend

It was a special birthday of a special friend recently and this is the card I made her.


I started with her favourite colour purple and used a couple of DPs from My Mind's Eye and Papermania as some of the layers. The stamp is one from a Quietfire set, I love their calligraphy style stamps they are so beautiful and this sentiment is perfect. I used Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Squares and a Doo Hickey flower corner dies as part of the design and the finishing touch were some Petaloo velvet flowers and leaves in shades of purple and mauve.

Thanks for popping by.

Elaine x


4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, the quote is beautiful. The ornate die cut squares and gorgeous flowers set it off so well. I imagine your friend loved it. I hope you are doing well, hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the 'almost' symmetry of this that I love with that little bit of difference making it so eye-catching. I especially love the way you used an embellishing flower to balance the die-cut flower in each of the die-cut corners & the way the floral bud end of the same curls up to meet the Flour de Lis shapes. The colours are wonderfully matched with the subdued pastel background relieved by the bright flowers.
    As you say, that font is particularly attractive.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Elaine great colour combination and the script and dies all work so well together.
    Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have missed a lot of your posts due to a very busy December! I absolutely adored this card my friend, it indeed is in my favourite colours and those flowers are beautiful. The sentiment is lovely, and in such a gorgeous font. Love Judith xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.