Wednesday, 8 May 2013

New stamps and tidy crafting space!

There are new stamps launched this week over at Chocolate Baroque a great set of quirky designs called Punky Flowers.


Head over to the Design Team blog to see some great projects that my team mates have been working their magic on.

I have been really busy with my massive craft shed tidy. Spring finally arriving got me motivated for a very overdue massive tidy. Plus I ordered a new drawer unit to help my organisation. This is it.


It is a Really Useful product and I am delighted with it. I already had one 11 drawer unit which I had put through its paces, so I was confident it was going to work really well for me.

This was my desk when I started this blog in August 2009.

 
It has gone through various changes!
 


This didn't last long - much too cluttered and my working space was too restricted!
 
 
This was another try, but still not right!
 
Below is what it looks like now! My collection of wooden cassette racks for my ink pads has grown for one thing! My lovely OH found another one for me yesterday in the charity shop. My collection is growing ever upwards and is now topped off with my kilner jars of ribbons sorted by colours.


I also have what I call my messy bench where I do painting and more mucky jobs. It's quite tidy for a messy area at the moment!!!


While I finished off the inside of the shed, my OH was busy clearing some fallen trees outside in our woodland and making a log pile as a bug hotel, so this is my new view out across the garden. The daffodils in the picture are just going over now. I always feel sad when they go.


My main task now is to make a supreme effort to be much tidier to avoid the need for such a major tidy again, but also to use more of my stash and stop buying so much until I have used some of it up!

Hope you are have had a great bank holiday weekend, we had some amazing sunshone, although it is raining this morning and we have been trying to catch up on gardening as our patch is constantly trying to revert to nature, it is always a bit of a tussle, but only a very gentle one on our part!

Elaine


10 comments:

  1. Well done for the major tidy up and I just love the rainbow colours of your drawer units. I'd somehow missed the fact that your 'shed' has those beautiful windows too and of course the view is amazing. I should go along with your idea of using up stash before buying any more but then those new stamps are so tempting...afraid I need yet another TUF box now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo I want a space like that plus I want the outlook you have too - really wish you lived closer, maybe you could have helped with sorting my room out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, thanks for sharing your crafty place. My mouth dropped open at the gorgeous windows and the view beyond. I would feel a lot of inspiration sitting in this space... how wonderful! You look very oraganized with the drawers, CD holders & jars. Enjoy! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine, wow your craft room is so beautiful and cosy! Must be a pleasure to work in and the view is great! Those drawers are super in those rainbow colours! Never have seen that before, a joy for the eye! Thanks for peeping in for a moment, warm greet Mirandaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! oh! Wow! What a beautiful and organised craft shed you have. Just love your windows and the view that you have.
    It must be lovely to sit and craft in your lovely space.
    I love all your shelves, no wonder it took so long to organise. But it will be worth it knowing where everything is.
    Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cassette racks look super & I love your messy bench as well as that lovely rainbow of drawers........maybe I can aspire to one of those.
    Sanded & oiled the wooden slats of a garden bench yesterday & have loads of butterflies starting to fly, plus the tulips are blooming (I bought those as crocus bulbs so I think there must have been a bit of a mix up somewhere!)
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Elaine, your craft shed is looking wonderful! Yay for you to tackle the job and get it looking so organized. I do this from time to time too. And I have the same goal when I am done...to clean up after myself each day and to use what I have instead of buying more. Lol! We think alike : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Craft Shed looks fabulous Elaine, I count myself very fortunate to have been a visitor there and seen your lovely windows and the view. It really is a magical place. I do love the look of your drawers, as I have a much smaller version, and would love its big brother. I tidied my craft room a while back, and although I try very hard to keep it tidy, I have to accept, I am just a messy crafter :( Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, your shed looks amazing Elaine! It looks so tidy, well done on achieving what for me would be the almost impossible, a tidy craft room - hope you can still find everything..............lvoe those windows, and with a view like that i wouldn't be doing much crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crafting space looks amazing and I would love something that's is so bright and airy. Mind you, I'll bet it doesn't stay tidy for very long; they never do!
    Enjoy it!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.