Some of you are hopefully like me in enjoying nosing in other people's craft rooms, so I am blogging some more about mine. The magazine Cloth, Paper, Scissors, Studio special editions could have been made for me and I just love Paula Pascual's http://www.craftystorage.blogspot.com/. Anyway, in the hope it will be of interest to some of you bloghoppers, I thought I would post some more about my craft shed. I had a great Bank Holiday weekend blitzing my shed, evicting spiders and having a good vacuum and dust through before the autumn chills really set in. So here are a few more pictures of the work and storage areas in my shed which has been furnished with an eclectic mix of cast off furniture from the house! My pictures start at the door and work clockwise. This is my main craft desk where I do most of my project designing, stamping and glueing. This is where I keep my main sets of inkpads and my most frequently used tools on a lazy susan turntable I pinched from the kitchen! Well I will use it much more often for crafting than entertaining!!
Next is my pegboard storage area. I am still working out the best way to use this space, but so far, as you can see I have containers for punches, my nestability dies, cuttlebug folders, pens and other tools.
This is my old oak tea trolley which is home to my ink pad drawers where my dew drops and other odd ink pads live. On top is a wooden tray recycled from a Christmas present which holds all my tapes, foam pads, glues and adhesive and fixative sprays. The plastic drawers hold my acrylic blocks, sponges etc. Underneath, I have large plastic boxes for my card blanks and special card.
This is my comfy corner with bookcase, easy chair and trusty radio and CD player. Although the TV lives here I haven't switched it on in the shed since the Wimbledon final! I must confess I don't spent a lot of time sitting here there are just too many distractions!
Here is my big storage cupboard. This is home to my larger stamp sets, card and paper boxes, envelopes, fabric and other craft materials. Another trolley next to the cupboard is home to some more plastic drawers where I keep my embossing and mica powders and glitter. I really like trolleys because they can be moved to exactly where I need them.
This is my spare table where I cut large sheets of paper and use my cuttlebug. I love this little drawer unit that was an impulse buy in an antique shop and then I struggled to find the right place for it in the house, so it found a home in my shed. The drawers are used for oddments, while the shelf houses unsorted stamp sets, stamp sets indexed by subject in recycled DVD cases and some favourite craft books. Above this table is a brand new addition this weekend - more pegboard and an Ikea curtain rail and curtain clips which has given me my own version of the Clip-It-Up for my alphabets, embellishments, bling etc.
Last, back by the door is my messy bench, made from a piece of recycled kitchen worktop. This bench is higher and best used standing, rather than sitting. The Ikea spice racks make great storage space at the back of the bench for all my Glimmer Mists and sprays, metallic paints and various mediums. This is where I do my heat embossing and spraying.
I now have my craft shed pretty much as I want it. I feel really lucky having such a lovely place to work and be creative, the only downside is that it is really freezing in winter, but it is only a small niggle really and thermals, cosy slippers and a heater help!
Wow - thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLoved looking around your shed - i am such a nosey parker!
I am quite envious, must be great to have separate areas!
hugs SuzyX
Oooh thanks for sharing these pix Elaine. You seem to have everything very well organised.
ReplyDeleteMy favourite piece is the impulse buy drawer unit - I love little drawers.
My hubby has recently suggested I look into converting our conservatory into a craft room. This is mainly because I'm the only one who uses it and that's for doing the ironing in and storing all my craft stash.
You've set me off now. I really must start getting some quotes for units and worktops. Hubby is hopeless at DIY so I have to get others to do it!
Lesley Xx
When can I move in?
ReplyDeleteWow. That was an interesting tour. It's a beautiful room and I love those windows. You are very organised and in a way, so am I. I like a home for everything, but unfortunately in this respect, for most of the year out here in Spain, the sun is too intense for me to have so much out on display. It would soon all dry out or fade, so I have to keep most things in drawers, but at least I know where to look for things when I want them.
ReplyDelete