Thursday, 29 January 2015

Christmas Cards 2015 - 2

This is my second Christmas card post so far this year. I wonder if I can keep up the progress?


This is quite a dull picture, bit of a problem this time of year I find!

This is an unusual card for me being quite a cute design. This is Stampendous House Mouse stamp, I had to have it though because I thought hanging carrots on the Christmas tree would really appeal to my veggie friends! I stamped the image in Onyx Black Versafine onto smooth hot pressed watercolour paper and when thoroughly dry, I added colour using my new Faber Castell Aquarelle water colour pencils. I really like these pencils, they are much easier to use that previous watercolour pencils I have tried and I was lucky enough to get my set of 60 recently for a very good price.

I die cut the image and added ink shading using Distress Ink before removing it from the die. I mounted the image onto a home made card blank, using half a sheet of A4 card cut lengthways. Although I have quite a large stock of card blacks, I mean to try and get into making my own more often. I have an unused envelope punch board too, so there is no excuse for me not finding an envelope to fit. The sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set, embossing in WOW gold powder.

Thank you for visiting and I do appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.

Elaine x

3 comments:

  1. The sentiment you used for this is absolutely spot on for the little creatures hanging their carrots on the tree - you can almost feel their glee. The gold embossing powder looks terrific against the dark green & your inked shading round the die cut image panel finishes it off beautifully - I like the way that far left carrot extends beyond the inked edge for it leads the eye inwards towards the rabbit & the far right carrot stays within the edge keeping the eye fixed on your image!! That is if your eye moves logically from left to right!!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have coloured this cute image beautifully Elaine. The way you have simply inked the edge and then mounted it onto a coloured card proves you can do cute without being too fussy. This is a lovely card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Elaine the mice are cute, great idea for your 'veggie' friends. Wonderful to find the watercolour pencils at a good price. I hope you are doing well. Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.