Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Happy New Year - better late than never?!

Goodness me, the new year is already whizzing ahead. Happy new year to you all.

I had a really long and much needed Christmas break from work and one of the things I gave myself permission to do was to not feel any pressure to do things to a deadline! I also put away my crafty things while I had my Mum visiting for Christmas itself, so I am just getting back into the groove really. As a result today's cards are actually older examples that I don't think I have posted before!


Now like many of us, I am a real fan of Graphic 45 products. I love the busy vintage feel of many of their product lines with rich colours and loads of detail. This is a birthday card I made for my special crafty friend Judith last year. The only inking is a little shading at the edges and the sentiment which is an art deco stamp from Do Crafts.

I am always a bit sceptical about the idea of identifying a word to help guide you for the year as it seems a bit of an artificial exercise in some ways, but actually a word did come to me that I think will help guide me this year and that is SPACE. Space is important to me, both in terms of the outside and inside spaces where I live (where I need to create more space by better organisation), my crafting space, in terms of my physical crafting spaces, time to give me space to be creative without always working for deadlines and mental space to play and mental space to generally enjoy life at a slightly more sensible pace. So this year is about tackling and creating spaces in all sorts of different ways!

Right, time to dash for work, have a good day!

Elaine

3 comments:

  1. This is so elegant Elaine and I love how you've used those fabulous Graphic 45 papers. A stunning card which I bet Judith enjoyed immensely.

    Belated Happy New Year to you too my dear friend!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Elaine ! I also love Graphic 45 papers and your combination/composition of images along with the lace & bling flourish is awesome ! Have a great day ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year too - space is so important, funnily enough my word 'rehome' is very much along the same lines: I'm rehoming stamps & things that I've grown out of .........so as to create space for where I'm at now. Super deco look to this - aren't those clothes just amazing?
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.