Sunday, 28 October 2012

S, T, U and V alpha tags

I am rather behind with posting my latest tags for the Chocolate Baroque alpha tag swap, what with our holiday and one thing and another.


My first is S for seahorse, using the Underwater stamp set. The seahorse is embossed in Moonglow Teal Obsidian embossing powder, with highlights added with a contrasting royal blue EP and bindi type gems. The background weed is stamped in green archival ink, with shading added in Distress and Adirondack inks.


Apologies for the appalling pic of this one, T is for tree! The light for photos has been so bad for weeks when I have been at home it seems! I was not entirely happy with this tag, but the deadline was upon me and I had to get it posted! I used the arboretum set of stamps for this one. I used a mixture of inks, including some Brilliance and embossing in pearl powder to add highlights.


The next is U for Unicorn. He was stamped and embossed in silver onto pearl card as I wanted him to be a little luminous as you might expect a unicorn to be if you happened upon one! The arch is from the Christmas creatures plate and the foliage from the Mini meadow set.

My last one for now is V for Velocipede!


The image is from the Edwardian Gentlemen set, embossed in Copper Obsidian powder and coloured with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I backed the tag with a piece of a facsimile antique OS map of Hampshire, again edged with Vintage Photo DI. I added some tissue tape, a piece of copper coloured German Scrap and a little clock charm.

Only four more tags to go now, but the letters are getting much more challenging to think of themes for!

Hope you are keeping warm in this chilly weather!

Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Super tags Elaine. Gosh, you did well with V.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally it looks like I can leave a comment for you. The V is my absolute favourite here - the colours & your German Scrap just really top it off beautifully. The Seahorse is a lovely one too - those gems really bring out his colours. The luminosity of your unicorn is magical & I like the way the blue of your arch picks out the colours of his little friends.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is always appreciated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.